Thursday, July 2, 2015

Cherished Moment

Road trips are great for deep conversations, one of the best jam out sessions, and sweet silence while enjoying the scenery. Recently I went for a nice drive with my best friend to the lake. One of the things we hope to do this summer is find the perfect spot to hang our hammocks close to the water, swim and layout at Stockton Lake, MO. We have ventured to a couple spots that were enjoyable, but still in search for “the go to spot”. This day we drove out farther than normal, but we were determined to venture out. The drive to the lake holds much anticipation for my friend and me because we are eager to swim and cool off. However, the drive to Stockton is soothing and a nice get away from the city. We arrive at a spot and it was kosher for our liking. The best part in any of our lake trips is having a tasty tub of guacamole ready to dip into with our chips. It is a complimentary snack to a rewarding drive. Although it was a fun day at the lake, we are still in search for the perfect spot at Stockton Lake, but it was still a successful day nonetheless.

 On the way home we wasted no time to turn on the tunes. Driving back we were jamming our hearts out. In this moment I paused briefly taking in and appreciating all the mighty goofiness that was happening in this drive. I thought, man, this is the life, singing at the top of our lungs, in and out of tune, but constantly in sync. It was a moment cherished and filled with laughter. A moment that I know someday may not happen again so easily because my friend and I may be at other ends of the world, doing other things, living a different lifestyle, you never know. All I know is that I stop and appreciate a moment I am enjoying more often, and road trips are great moments to cherish.

2 comments:

  1. I love going to the lake. I myself have only been to Stockton Lake, MO a handful of times, mostly just for fishing. But I enjoy spending my time at the lake. Especially with friends. You're right, my best friend might be at the other end of the world working and having babies. So I need to cherish the time spent at the lake with her and make it count. Laugh and sing at the top of our lungs because we won't get that moment back, we will get older and get busier with our own lives. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love going to the lake. I myself have only been to Stockton Lake, MO a handful of times, mostly just for fishing. But I enjoy spending my time at the lake. Especially with friends. You're right, my best friend might be at the other end of the world working and having babies. So I need to cherish the time spent at the lake with her and make it count. Laugh and sing at the top of our lungs because we won't get that moment back, we will get older and get busier with our own lives. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete