Friday, July 10, 2015

Rain, Rain, Rain, and more Rain


It’s raining, it’s pouring, and the old man is snoring. It seems that it has been raining all summer to me. Day after day I wake up to a gloomy day and puddles scattered along my parking lot. My back porch is muddy along my steps. I’m actually a fan of the rain more than most people. I don’t mind the gloom and the sound of the trickles and pounds of water that clash with the pavement next to my bedroom window. However, I also would like it if all this rain would go away from at least a week or two. I have been wanting to take a dip in the pool or a have a sun kissed day at the lake.

It is just crazy all the immense amount of water that we have been receiving. Rivers were getting higher and higher. This past week the rivers ended up growing out of their banks and built massive amounts of water around the community. Damaging the homes of some people and businesses. Some streets were flooded and made it challenging for people to get around, in a few circumstances some civilians’ cars also became flooded.     
Nonetheless, I was eager to get out and explore a new hiking trail, regardless of the rain. My friend and I decided to drive out to Bennet Springs. We wanted to hike and see the natural cave/tunnel that resides in this state park. We also were scoping out a spot to hang our hammocks inside a gazebo to enjoy the rain outside, while playing music and drawing. In this area too though, the rain was ruthless. The river was really high and we tried three different ways to get across to the other side of the bank but the water was blocking our path in each direction. Even under our circumstances, my friend and I had a fun time exploring and getting to know a new place. The best part was hiking back to my car and it started raining. We sang and danced and the two of us were behaving like big goofballs. We will definitely make our way back to this nifty location. Hopefully it stops raining for a while so we can enjoy more of the scenery at Bennet Springs and I can also take a trip to the lake.  
              

(Rain, rain, go away, come on back another day.)

No comments:

Post a Comment