Thursday, July 16, 2015

Motorcycle Ride

07/14/15

A favorite past time of mine is going on a motorcycle ride. One of the best times is when the sun is setting. On an exquisite evening the sky stirs into colors of pink, blue, orange, and yellow. The sun is a big round orange sphere levitating over the Midwestern plains where we are cruising around. I usually enjoy this splendid view with my boyfriend who is driving the motorcycle while I hold onto him. I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Moments like these I like to pause and take in how the present time can literally be a present. I pause and file the moment away into my memories, because simple things, like cruising on the motorcycle with my man are delightful experiences to look back on and smile. A smile that may be needed on a rainy day possibly. These are the thoughts that across my mind as I overlook the beautiful horizon and spend time with someone dear to me. I truly appreciate it and count my blessings.

Un-pause.

Of course, away from the city is also best to enjoy a nice ride and see the country side. Along the way there are cows, horses, a few donkeys, and maybe even a goat or two. The scenery is relaxing. There are plenty of windy roads as well to have some fun doing turns. Sometimes when we hit a steep turn my tummy fills with butterflies. The sensation almost feels like we are about to tip over, but honestly we are not even turning so abruptly. I also most likely am probably exaggerating the turns, but nonetheless the turns are fun.

The natural light is winding down and soon the fireflies start to twinkle in every direction. We both know it is time to go back home with a safe return.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment