Monday, July 13, 2015

Convo's with my Mom (Part II)

07/13/15

In my previous post, I indicated that I enjoy listening to my mom’s childhood stories. Here is another snippet into her childhood and one of my favorite memories of my sweet momma.

With all the rain we have been receiving I try to picture my mom and all of her many siblings playing in the rain. So free-spirited and worry free. She tells me quite often that since back then of course there wasn’t all this fascination with the external world of video games, social networks, smartphones and let alone the internet. The kiddos had to make up their own kind of fun. One way of enchanting fun was gathering everyone to play in the rain. All of her sisters would go out in the pouring rain and splash around in the puddles or get soaked under the cascading waterfall coming from the rain gutter. I can imagine hearing lots of laughter and funny squeals when it would thunder loudly. After lots of fun in the rain, my grandma would call everyone inside. Instructed them to dry off and get cozy while she poured them some hot chocolate to warm up. This sounded like a delightful day to me. I am fond of this story because it reminds me not to get caught up with all the latest gadgets and high tech communication. Instead I should stop in my tracks, enjoy the simple things in life, and partake in the fun.

You better believe I practice what I preach. Till this day, my mom and I go out and play in the rain together. We jump and splash in puddles, dance around, and act like silly children while enjoying the celestial bliss.           

No comments:

Post a Comment