Sunday, July 19, 2015

Final Blog Entry

07/19/15

This will be my final blog entry for my summer English class. What I discovered about my writing during the process of this project is that I am able to free write better than before we started this project. Too often I would overthink what I would write about, and I would second guess to translate my thoughts into words on a composition. Now I consider myself being an open water faucet with the ability to flow without blockage. On week four, my class and I were presented with a reading called “Freewriting” by Peter Elbow. This material certainly benefited me. I was able to understand that it is better to just continue writing without stopping. Even by going back and correcting a sentence that may not make sense or if there is nothing currently on my mind to write, I would just simply write that… “There is nothing currently to write about on my mind.” But soon after that, I end up writing about that very thing and the subject elaborates into something else that ties into the matter. Soon, without meaning to, I actually constructed a well thought out journal entry. I noticed now I am able to spin a web of words in a more vicarious thrill. Which is benefiting for me and my audience. My challenges, however, throughout this project was to keep up with writing seven journal entries in one week. One would think that would be an easy task. Since the minimum of words for an entry is three hundred and the subject can be about anything. I wish I would have disciplined myself more in this department, but now it is the last week of class and all I can hope to do is go the extra mile. Nonetheless, I hope that I able to show my audience that my writing has changed significantly over the summer. I will take these new skills into future writing projects.              

No comments:

Post a Comment