Monday, July 13, 2015

Homework, Tortillas, Pizza

07/13/15

Let see… I have to catch up on my blog entries for my summer English class. Well, I am heating up some flour tortillas to satisfy my hunger momentarily as I do some homework. As I am flipping the tortillas over the heated stove it reminds me of a story from my first job where I worked at Papa Murphy’s. This pizza place was a take n’ bake gig so there were no ovens in the store. Until we got a new manager who gave us the privilege of keeping a small oven in the back of the store in cases when we would get hungry. No one had official lunch breaks, so most of the time people wouldn’t bring a lunch to work and would instead eat before or after work. If it was possible to eat during work, one would munch on one of our salads or a bag of croutons, but depending on how many people were working there was not a suitable time to just kick back and enjoy a meal at work. Any who, we had a manager that brought a small oven so we had a chance to actually bake a pizza at work and take turns to eat a slice. One night, it was towards closing time and my co-worker and I were really hungry from our work day, so we made a pizza. As it was time to take the pizza out, I was so hungry I guess I ended up just using my hands to get the pizza out of the oven. I know what you are thinking, OW! But on the contrary it didn’t hurt stabilizing the medium pizza on my finger tips and sliding it on top of the table that was not far at all from the oven. My co-worker could not believe that I just did what I did and in shock that I didn’t burn myself or squealed by the pain of the heat. I commented right after, “It must be my tortilla flipping fingers that helped me out”. We both busted up laughing and enjoyed our freshly baked pizza.

Boy, my tummy is rumbling for a slice now.        

No comments:

Post a Comment