Monday, June 29, 2015

This I Believe Essay

My Personal Credo

When I think about my unique approach to life, it is not super unique at all, actually I hope it is not because I would want others to tackle life in the same way. I approach life with an abundant amount of a positive attitude. I surely do believe that it is important to continue seeing any situation with an optimistic point of view, good or especially bad. I think that if an attitude is set negatively during a bad situation, well my friend, then most likely there will be continued negative slaps to the face. There is a famous quote by author Charles Swindoll, “Life is 10% of what happens to you, and 90% of how you react to it.” That 10% could be a gut wrenching dilemma, but do not complicate it more than it already is, a bad attitude won’t serve you to refine the situation.

I learned to be positive at a young age when half of my family was torn apart by Immigration. I was so angry…so angry, and sad. No nine year-old kid should feel damaged at a young age, but there I was missing my dad and older siblings. Not understanding why bad things happen to good people. My positive mother, told me something that I would never forget around these hard times. “Be thankful for the good and the bad, because they make you into the person you are today.” Of course I still didn’t quite understand that wisdom at that age. I wondered, why the heck should I be thankful for something bad? But little did I know then, I am grateful for the good and the bad still to this day.

Tackle life with positivity people, it is nonsense to do it another other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment