Sunday, July 12, 2015

Job

07/12/15

Oh lordy, I am having trouble searching for a new job that accommodates my schedule.

 I have been searching for a new one since I started this current job I have about a year ago. Yup, it has been a year since I have been wanting another job from the miserable one that I have at the moment. I have had some interviews and I have even been offered some good opportunities to transition to a different occupation, but my school schedule gets in the way of taking advantage of the opportunity. Since I attend school in the morning until the afternoon, I cannot make it to my job until at least 4pm. Most places that I know I would enjoy working at are more of an 8am – 5pm schedule or need someone in at noon or 1pm until 6pm and it just would not work out. Now the other dilemma is my rate of pay of course. I know I could get a job from 4pm to 9pm possibly at a food industry or some sort, but I would then have to get a downgrade in my pay rate because most of the time those jobs start at minimum wage or just a bit more than normal. I have worked hard to get the pay rate I am at today and I would not be fond of getting paid less. Not to mention my bills would cause me to live paycheck to paycheck.

Nonetheless, those are my two obstacles in finding a new job. My current employment is a nice college gig but I am just not happy. I don’t know about you guys, but I tend to not do an outstanding job when I am working in a bleak atmosphere.  I feel like I am not gaining any new set of skills that will potentially help me flourish in my future career. I hope to find an appealing new job soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment