Monday, July 6, 2015

Cabin Fever

For weeks now the only thing on my mind is to travel. Adventure to a new path and explore a new place. I think about it so much that I want to spontaneously abandon all of my responsibilities and leave now. Except of course, I have a job I have to work and bills I have to pay. Working part time is eating away at me because I wish we had the same luxury to get paid vacation time off. I would totally trade to have a full time job but with school my schedule does not correlate to balance both, so I am stuck with a part time job and late hours to accommodate my schedule.   I also can’t afford to lose hours on my paycheck. However, I am starting, actually more like I have been convincing myself to stop worrying about money. I mean I hate centralizing my life over money but it is a means for staying afloat to afford life’s necessities.   Goodness, but I am getting miserable with this cabin fever. I know there are many spots to enjoy here around the Springfield area, but I want to discover a new place, road trip to a new state, or especially take a trip out the country.

Another thing that stops me from traveling is that I would like to enjoy it with someone else. Don’t get me wrong I enjoy my solitude more than a normal person, but of course road trips and going on an adventure is better with a companion. For some reason though I have trouble finding a devoted wanderlust traveler, like myself. Which I find hard to believe because left and right you hear people that have a wish to travel and experience new places. Why is it so hard for me to find someone who likes to try new things and get out of their comfort zone?
 
 
Well nonetheless, I believe it is time for me to get out of my comfort zone. For the past week I have been doing a bit of research and trying to put together a plan to cure this cabin fever of mine. I am taking a trip before I go back to school in the fall and for the moment I am not going to worry about money or if I don’t have company and instead go solo. I am a hard worker and I deserve a vacation. If it hurts me financially, oh well, it will only be temporarily.
 
If you guys have any favorite destination in any place in the U.S or Mexico, don’t hesitate to comment and I will take it into consideration. Hopefully in my next few blogs I reveal where I chose to explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment