Friday, June 19, 2015

This I Believe! (Freewrite)

                                     I Believe I Will Shoot Towards The Stars For My Mom

The person I look up to. The person I admire. The person who believes in me. The person I gained my hard working ethic from and honest intentions. The ultimate hero in my life, is my mom.

My mom is one of the best individuals you would ever have the pleasure of meeting. She has this vibrant smile and positive energy that would illuminate any room. Her presence is safe and feels like you are under a security blanket. A very important statement that I have held dearly to my heart since my mom told me as a little kid was, “be thankful for the good and the bad, because each mold you into the person that you are today.” That sentence I have always reflected back to in any circumstance. Mainly because even when something sucks, I know that it will shape my character. I know that I will welcome that mistake or horrid situation I am in so I can become wiser.

In hearing the endeavors that my mom has had to face being a single mother with eight children I have made a promise to myself to give back to her as much as she has sacrificed for me and my siblings. Her husband that she had with my older six siblings died when they were young. As for my dad and little brother’s he was sadly deported to Mexico. It is tough when you are an immigrant family coming to the United States trying to make a better living. Of course my parents should have done the proper paper work to be allowed a better security for living here, but that process is easier said than done.  

After the years, however, luckily my mom received her citizenship as well as some of my siblings. In doing so, my mom has worked extremely hard to keep a roof over our heads, food in our bellies, and other necessities. I wish I can put into more words how hard working my mom is, because it is so extreme. She has definitely set a bar for my siblings and I to work extra hard in our jobs, school, and personal lives. But of course, leave it up to a mom to juggle everything and make it seem like a stroll in the park.

Although, now that my mom is getting older, I can tell a stroll in the park is not as easy as it used to be. Which is why I hope to soon be able to support her and get her out of work. I want to definitely assist my mom financially, because she has carried eight other lives with her for the majority of her life. I want to give my mom the rest she deserves. I want to grant her vacation time with her children in Mexico. I want her to have time to do the things she loves to do. I want to support her without her having to worry about working another day in her life. I hope to accomplish this goal of mine soon, because it is a top priority on my list. After accomplishing my college education and getting a career this is what I will do. My mom is a wonderful human being and I have learned a lot from her.

I believe I will provide for my mom as much and more as she has provided for her family. I will shoot for the stars and succeed for my mom's well-being.

I have completed the above "Freewriting" assignment in ten minutes and with a total of 582 words typed.  

2 comments:

  1. Great blog, I enjoyed reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You paint a very admirable picture of your mother and there seems to be just cause for your admiration of her. I too admire my mother. She has been a big influence in my life. While I know that I disappointed her in many ways, she always stood beside me, loving me unconditionally. She worked hard too as a single mom for several years now, and she has found herself unable to work because of disability. I hope maybe one day I can give back to her if nothing but a small portion of what she gave to me in order to help show my appreciation for her. A very good post.

    Lucas

    ReplyDelete