Saturday, June 27, 2015

Know Your Audience Analysis


The twenty question game my English class played was entertaining and insightful. Through the “Know your Audience” assignment I enjoyed getting to know my classmates/audience personalities.

Beginning with the color of our attitudes, I discovered that my peers are mellow individuals. Most love to be outdoors and play with their families. Many had adaptable attitudes to different colors. Some of my audience chose more than one color to identify their attitude to correlate with a span of situations. I was also pleased to read how compassionate my audience answered the question, “what three wishes would you wish for and why?” Unanimously, many wished to have an end of all wars and have long lasting peace. As well as, to find cures for illnesses and there to be an end to diseases. A lot of the answers to the three wishes highlighted a chance to help others in need. It shines a light of hope on humanity when 15+ people in a class are being selfless with their three wishes if they would ever stumble upon on a genie. It was nifty to read where my audience grew up. The majority were raised in Springfield, MO so I like how many of us have that in common. It was great to see where everyone has traveled to and it gave me some ideas where I may want to visit. Morocco sounded especially exquisite.  I’m glad that much of my audience is family oriented and that their family makes them blissfully happy. Too much we take family for granted because others don’t have the opportunity to be a part of a loveable home. We witnessed that in the book “The Heart and the Fist” by Eric Greitens. When my class and I read the chapter of the kids in Bolivia.

These questions that we prompted one another were really helpful and insightful. I will be more comfortable writing to my audience now that I feel I know them better. Reading through some of the answered questions I’d like to invite my peers to a café and chat. I saw we all have distinctly unique lives and we are all still learning and growing

1 comment:

  1. I agree, the 20 questions game discussion was entertaining and insightful. I think it helps when you are taking an online class to, on a certain level, know your classmates just like you would in a seated class. This assignment gave us that chance while also incorporating writing and analysis practice. I will also be more comfortable writing to my audience now that I feel that I know them a tad better. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete